The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted organizations around the world in many ways. Changing government regulations have created challenges for businesses and customers as they try to comply with mandates. As a result, customers have shifted their demands to digital channels for accessing goods and services. Business operations have also hit road bumps as their workforces may have decreased and/or have limited capacity working from home.
Businesses quickly need an agile, cloud-based digital solution to overcome these challenges. Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) is a suitable option as it brings together business process, technology, and human interactions as one bundled offering. The BPaaS provider takes care of the end-to-end aspects of a specific business process by standardizing processes and automating repetitive tasks with adherence to service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs).
After making the BPaaS decision, the next step is to transition your current model to BPaaS. The BPaaS provider manages the transformation by taking complete control, either by migrating the processes and associated technology to their hosted platform, or by managing the same in the customer’s supplied platform. No matter which option is chosen, the transition to BPaaS is cumbersome and time consuming, with a huge focus on optimization, data privacy, security, transparency, and governance.
To streamline this effort and to ensure faster value realization, it is ideal to use a strong methodology and a Low-code Application Platform (LCAP) for planning and executing a BPaaS transformation. For example, TCS’ Business 4.0™ framework helps customers leverage BPaaS by focusing on four key technology pillars—automation, intelligence, cloud, and agile—to deliver the best possible business outcomes. LCAP provides a strong technology platform for supporting these pillars. Appian, a leader in enterprise LCAP, offers a unique combination of low-code, automation, and intelligent business process management, making it a well-rounded solution for BPaaS transformation.
Appian’s low-code nature and automation capabilities enable BPaaS providers to conceptualize and implement opportunities rapidly. Appian also acts as a business process orchestration layer that integrates customer’s traditional systems along with the BPaaS provider’s specialized tools and accelerators.
Appian provides capabilities to support, accelerate and future-proof BPaaS transformations:
● Bringing Back Business Agility – Appian continuously provides the required business agility with a reduced risk to business operations through low-code.
● Focus on Customer Centricity – End customers get a unified experience across their journey with Appian’s Case Management, providing a 360o view of the customer.
● Intelligent Automation – Appian provides an intelligent automation backbone by bringing together input digitization, human workforce, robotic workforce, and AI.
● Enhanced Security – Appian provides secured portals for the different BPaaS users through user-based permissions, built-in audit control and escalation mechanisms.
● Increased Scalability – Appian is natively cloud-based to scale solutions both horizontally and vertically while providing the required cushion to manage the volatility in business demand.
● Simplified Customization and Integration – Solutions can be easily customized and extended with faster integration with the traditional system of records and input management systems.
TCS offers several BPaaS solutions using the Appian platform such as Payroll Protection Program - Loan Forgiveness, Intelligent Case Management, and Interbank Offered Rates (IBOR) Management. These solutions exemplify how Appian helps to accelerate the BPaaS transformation with increased productivity by up to 20%, and enable businesses to:
● Adapt to Changing Regulations – With rapid acceleration from ideation to implementation of BPaaS solutions, businesses are not only able to adapt, but they also capitalize on the change. For instance, banks could seamlessly process loan forgiveness applications for small business owners using a BPaaS solution.
● Enhance Digital Experience – Business users can now manage their tasks with a single view of the customer to effortlessly prioritize and act anywhere/anytime. Out-of-the-box capabilities for governance, monitoring, tracking and auditing helps to reduce manual processing with complete transparency.
● Drive Growth – With low-code development, changes can be done rapidly to accommodate new digitized services/ products or pilot new business models, potentially driving the top line.
● Optimize Operations – By managing with a BPaaS provider, clients can optimize business operations and reduce TCO with flexible pricing and hosting options, such as pay-by-usage.
TCS believes that leveraging a low-code platform is a key component for any BPaaS transformations because it quickly brings together traditional systems, business data and intelligent automation to enable a digitized business process. With a scalable, agile, and cloud-based digital core, businesses can deliver maximum value to the customers quickly and effectively.
To learn more about how BPaaS with low-code can help your organization, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCS is proud to be a Diamond sponsor at Appian World 2021. Tune in to our Sponsor Spotlight session, Legacy Modernization: Experience Certainty and Business Continuity with Low-code Application Development, or connect with us at our sponsor page in the Solution Showcase.