Enterprise data can be slow and difficult to manage for any organization. This is where low-code data comes in. Low-code data helps eliminate these challenges with a visual interface that makes it fast and easy to take action on data from any source.
Introducing Appian 21.3: our latest platform release that removes barriers to data.
Appian 21.3 offers major enhancements that make it easier for you to access, relate, and transform your enterprise data. Now you can build applications faster and more efficiently than ever. With the updates in Appian 21.3, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Take advantage of data sync to build your applications faster. Data sync allows you to cache your source data in Appian, so your record data loads faster.
- Access more of your data without sacrificing performance with double the number of rows a record type can sync from a source—from 500,000 to 1,000,000.
- Relate more of your data with confidence with new one-to-many record type relationships that provide a holistic view of your data.
- Easily integrate your business processes with auto-generated record actions so users can take informed action while viewing record data.
- Create more records with the flexibility to add multiple record list actions on your record type, allowing you to start multiple processes directly from the record list.
Appian 21.3 also makes it easier to integrate your enterprise processes with new improvements to record actions. We’ve also made enhancements to help you build and use your records more efficiently. Now you’ll be able to do the following with Appian:
- Find record field dependents with ease by referencing every record field with a single click to see which objects are affected by data changes.
- Simplify sorting when configuring your records-powered charts with the ability to sort by field and order instead of writing an expression.
- Automatically keep your data up to date with the new auto-refresh feature that allows you to instantly see updated results in your charts
The 21.3 release also introduces new features for improved automation, UIs, connected systems, and application deployment enhancements that allow you to do the following:
- Develop automations more efficiently by recording each step you take within your web browser each time you click or type.
- Make robot executions faster by skipping setup and cleanup for consecutive RPA executions when processing batch items.
- Design a more attractive UI by creating applications with finer spacing controls to get the exact look you want and reduce clutter during design.
- Use Connected Systems to connect to data sources and use object level security for greater control over access to data.
- Streamline deployments by adding database scripts to packages as you develop, instead of waiting to upload your database scripts during deployment.
With the latest updates to the Appian Low-Code Automation Platform, your enterprise can remove barriers to data integration and data usage to drive business impact and value.
Learn more about this release in our documentation notes and watch the 21.3 Product Announcement webinar for more insight into how these features add further value to your organization.